Director of Operations
Office Phone: 317.327.7144
Cell Phone: 765.977.9626
- Public Events Calendar
- Martin Luther King Community Festival
- Mustached Turtle Run/Walk & Community Festival
Mission: Peace Learning Center educates, inspires and empowers people to live peacefully
Vision: A community of peace where respect is primary and justice is real
Peace Learning Center (PLC) establishes safe and common ways to address differences while also promoting processes to build community and foster healthy communication for children, teens, parents and professionals. Started in 1997 in Eagle Creek Park, PLC has reached more than 180,000 people locally and internationally through its core programs:
- K-12 Programs
- Intervention Programs – Help incarcerated youth and those on probation, programs emphasize personal responsibility and life skills.
- Summer Programs
Community Programming – Personal and professional development sessions focused on improving communication, diversity, productivity, and passion within organizations.
Click here to see a map of our current program locations during our 2014-2015 fiscal year.
- 4/5/2016 – 200 Teens to attend summit on youth empowerment
- 12/11/15 – Peace Learning Center receives $800,000 grant from Lilly Endowment
- 11/19/15 – Peace Learning Center announces grant from the Nina Mason Pulliam Charitable Trust
- 11/10/15 – Power of Peace Nominations now being accepted
- 9/16/15 – Local nonprofit launches new peace education initiative – One Indy
- 1/16/15 – Finalized Agenda Released for 17th Annual MLK Festival
- 1/8/15 – Focus 2020 Celebration & Grant Award Ceremony
- 11/18/14 – Community Action Grants Awardees Announced
- 11/14/14 – Power of Peace Award Nomination Period Opens
- 9/5/14 – Gift to IMPD Officers – Community Peace Sponsors
- 7/4/14 – Volunteer Leadership Group Invites Others to Serve PLC
- 6/25/14 – Make Some Noise: Upstanders Unite Against Bullying
- 1/14/14 – Lilly Endowment Awards PLC & Act OUT Partnership an $800,000 Grant
In The News:
Click here to see recent articles and media coverage about PLC programs and people.