PEACE LEARNING CENTER’S
18th ANNUAL MLK COMMUNITY FESTIVAL
PLANTING SEEDS OF PEACE AND CELEBRATING THE LIFE & LEGACY OF MARTIN LUTHER KING, JR.
Click here to learn about sponsorship opportunities!
Saturday, January 16, 2016
11:00 am – 3:00 pm
Christian Theological Seminary
1000 West 42nd Street
Located between Butler University and the Indianapolis Museum of Art
FREE and open to the public
No registration required
Lunch is included (Donations welcomed!)
A great family event
- Opening Ceremony
- Community Fair – 11-2:30 pm: Featuring more than 30 local nonprofit organizations offering resources and service opportunities – open throughout the building and for the entire event. Are you a nonprofit interested in tabling? Click here to register to table!
- Social Justice Workshops – 12-2:30 pm: This year’s workshops, led by PLC community partners, will highlight environmental justice issues.
- Special Speaker on Environmental Justice – To continue promoting the theme “Planting Seeds of Peace”, Dr. Philip Sakitomo, an astrophysicist and expert on climate change, will be speaking at the event.
- Power of Peace Award and Closing Ceremony – Click here to nominate a local leader for peace! The Indianapolis Chamber Orchestra will also be performing a preview of their Peacemakers work that will premiere in April during the Butler Arts Festival.
- New this year! The Universal Zulu Nation of Central Indiana will lead live breakdancing, graffiti, and DJing sessions.
- Plus: Performances, Music, Drumming, Art Workshops, Family Yoga, Zumba, Poetry, and more!
PLEASE HELP US THANK THE FOLLOWING SPONSORS:
Speaker – $1,000 Level
Community Enrichment – $250 Level
Event sponsorship opportunities are still available – Click here to learn more.
PUBLICITY FROM LAST YEAR’S FESTIVAL