INDIANAPOLIS – Walk the Talk: Compassion continues the innovative TED Talk inspired Spiritual Talk series, and will showcase six speakers discussing and sharing personal stories about compassion. The event will also feature live music, confetti, interactive activities and a Motivational Balloon drop, making it an over-the-top show unlike any other speaker series! Walk the Talk: Compassion will be held on Wednesday, December 14, 2016 at 8:00 p.m. (doors open at 7:15 p.m.) at The Vogue in Broad Ripple (6259 N. College Avenue).
The six speakers of Walk the Talk: Compassion will inspire, motivate and awaken the mind with messages of how compassion has affected their lives by answering the question: What does compassion mean to you? Speakers will include:
- Jessica Froelich – Jessica Froelich is on a mission to make the world a more peaceful, loving place, and as a love warrior, has made a lifelong commitment to deepening her connection to the power of unconditional love. A storyteller at heart, she has always enjoyed performance arts and acting on stage and in film. Her authentic, open expression of emotions provides others with a raw, un-edited reminder of the beauty in our human nature, and through the lens of compassion, she will take listeners on a journey, opening their eyes to transformation.
- Rory Colgan – As a writer who published his first book in 2007, Rory Colgan will share insightful metaphysical concepts applied to topics in self-help, meditation and philosophy. Rory is the founder of the educational platform Inner Health Today, which focuses on aiding others to become healthy, wealthy and influential in the realms of spiritual, mental and emotional development. He graduated from the School of Metaphysics with a Qui Docet Discit and is a certified Dream Coach, helping others to understand their dreams and the relation to each individual’s life.
- Kunal Vyas – A Zionsville, Indiana native, Kunal Vyas is passionate about his family, connecting with the community and helping others reach their full potential. Growing up amongst a diverse religious community in rural poverty in India, he has become a humble man with compassion toward all humanity. Even as a father of three, a philosopher and a husband with a full-time job and small business, Kunal is dedicated to spending his life making the world a blissful place, serving many hours rebuilding the community, helping people in need and feeding thousands of those left homeless.
- Kathy Slaughter – Lifelong student Kathy Slaughter currently pursues the craft of psychotherapy, where she specializes in human sexuality, relationships and trauma at her practice in Broad Ripple. Her passion for personal growth and self-development is matched only by her interest in teaching others through one-on-one interactions, workshops and events. Kathy thrives on compassioante conversations that lead others to new realizations about their own lives.
- Tim Nation – Tim Nation is the cofounder and executive director of Peace Learning Center, an Indianapolis-based educational institution that teaches peace-building and communication skills, and has served 200,000 people since 1997. With a background in management and public relations, Tim previously served as the director of Indiana AmeriCorps, and is a member of the Greater Indianapolis Progress Committee, Chair of the Indianapolis Race & Cultural Relations Leadership Network and was named a “Distinguished Hoosier” by Indiana Governor Frank O’Bannon.
- Richard Brendan – Inspiring and passionate, Richard Brendan brings love to life through his speaking, coaching and producing. He hosts a weekly radio program on WICR and has been both a producer and narrator for several TV projects, namely for WFYI and PBS. As founder of JourneysFire International, he produces innovative programs and events using media, arts and education. Richard also takes numerous trips to Haiti, where he provides for the less fortunate by speaking and providing humanitarian aid to assist in the relief efforst for children and families.
Listeners should arrive open to new information and ready to experience the vision of Walk the Talk, with the expectation of receiving key “take-aways” that can be immediately integrated into their daily lives, improving the overall quality and awareness of each person’s life and those close to them.