Job Title: Director of Equity Learning
Status: Full Time – Exempt
Reports to: Associate Director, Executive Director
- Lead, manage, and facilitate Equity Learning Initiatives
- Help support implementation of Equity programs in partner schools and agencies
- Support embedding of Equity in Peace Learning Center practices
- Collaborate with the Program team
- Understand and facilitate Equity Learning, Restorative Practices, SEL, and Family Programming when needed
- Train and maintain Professional Development on Equity for PLC staff and specific contractors
- Ensure quality delivery of curriculum
- Manage overall logistics of learning sessions with clients
- Build strong relationships with contacts and potential clients
- Create and submit monthly board reports or other reports as requested
- Create an annual budget for Equity programs
- Create and implement webinars, update and upkeep online applications
- Support Director of Programs as needed/requested
- Model and maintain PLC values: Relationships, equitable practices, antiracism, inclusiveness, learning, sustainability, and accountability
- Demonstrate respect and appreciation for all individuals, regardless of their background, race, age, gender, religion, physical or mental ability, and sexual orientation
- Continuous development of new knowledge and improvement of facilitation skills
- Participate in and promote the use of Restorative Practices and Consensus decision making as a part of our organizational culture
- Participate in ongoing practices and procedures to interrupt institutional oppression on all levels (ideological, institutional, interpersonal, and internalized), as is an enactment of PLC Mission/Vision and Values.
- Has attended and facilitated antiracism/anti-white-supremacy and other equity/Liberation based training, community dialogues, courses, and workshops
- Has participated in or organized with the community for institutional change within organizations and/or in larger institutional change campaigns
- Is willing to work with majority white groups and people of color to grapple with the different elements of understanding Equity and Anti-oppression work, and is familiar with an intersectional approach
- Has knowledge and experience around caucuses and facilitation of identity-based circles
- Other duties as needed or assigned
Level of Contacts/Relationships Required
- PLC All Staff
- Youth-serving organizations, communities, nonprofits and businesses.
- School Administrators, Staff, and Students
- External Consultants and Contractors
- Has experience working in schools with educators and administrators
- Familiar with and experience in neuroscience and trauma-informed care
- Has experience in facilitating Equity learning topics to adults and youth
- Is familiar with PBIS and assets based behavior management practices (not required, but a plus)
- Has attended antiracism and other equity trainings, and understands the connections between Equity, SEL, and Restorative Justice work
- Will model and use healthy communication, problem-solving and conflict resolution
- Detail-oriented, organized, and able to work independently and collaboratively
- Responsible, reliable, and energetic
- Has professional writing, editing, proofreading, and communication skills
- Have proficiency and experience with online research
- Excellent time management and multitasking skills
- Access to reliable transportation is required
- Some evening and weekend work
- Ability to transport supplies to facilitation site
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office, Google Docs.
Bachelor’s degree in related field preferred, and/or two years experience in Equity Learning and facilitation, human service experience, preferable in youth-serving organizations with direct client service.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain an all-inclusive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Other duties, responsibilities, and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
Please send cover letter and resume by October 1, 2021 to email@example.com
Peace Learning Center (PLC) is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, disability, age, national origin, marital status or sexual orientation, or other identities in any of its programs or employment practices. Applicant must pass a background check consisting of the National Sex Offender Registry and Criminal History.
If you are excited about this role, but are unsure whether you meet 100% of the requirements, we encourage you to inquire and/or apply.