Job Title: Director of Development
Reports to: Executive Director and Associate Director
Employment Status: Exempt
Salary Range: $57,500 – $67,500
Reporting to and in partnership with the Executive Director and Associate Director, the Director of Development will spearhead development efforts as PLC continues to grow. A new position in the organization, the Director will have the opportunity to build the development function focusing on Individuals and Corporations.
- Develop and execute PLC’s annual fundraising plan
- Secure financial support from individuals, and corporations
- Coordinate with Grants and Communications Manager on foundations
- Manage the implementation of Salesforce and oversee staff responsible for data entry and gift processing
- Develop and maintain ongoing relationships with major donors
- Creating and executing a strategy for a large sustained base of annual individual donors
- Collaborates with Engagement Director on organization of special events
- Developing and tracking proposals and reports for all foundation and corporate fundraising
- Attend PLC programs/workshops to understand PLC offerings in the community to aid in grant writing, donor communication and understanding
- Model and maintain PLC values: Relationships, equitable practices, antiracism, inclusiveness, learning, sustainability and accountability.
- Participate in on-going practices and procedures to interrupt institutional oppression on all levels (ideological, institutional, interpersonal, and internalized), as is an enactment of PLC Mission/Vision and Values.
- High comfort level working in a wide range of environments
- Demonstrate respect and appreciation for all individuals, regardless of their background, race, age, gender, religion, physical or mental ability, and sexual orientation
- Continuous development of new knowledge and improvement
- Support staff as needed/requested
- Other duties as needed or assigned
- Will model and use Peace Learning Center’s values of healthy communication, problem-solving, and conflict resolution.
- Detail-oriented, organized, and able to work independently
- Responsible, reactive, reliable, and energetic
- Has education and real-life experience working with youth and adults
- Has professional writing, editing, proofreading, and communication skills
- Have proficiency and experience with online research
- Prompt with excellent time management skills
- BA (required), MA (a plus)
- Five-plus years experience in development
- Demonstrated excellence in organizational, managerial, and communication skills
- Knowledge of Salesforce
Please send cover letter and resume by January 10, 2022 to firstname.lastname@example.org
Peace Learning Center (PLC) is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, disability, age, national origin, marital status or sexual orientation, or other identities in any of its programs or employment practices. Applicant must pass a background check consisting of the National Sex Offender Registry and Criminal History.
If you are excited about this role, but are unsure whether you meet 100% of the requirements, we encourage you to inquire and/or apply.