Peace Learning Center, an Indianapolis based non-profit organization is seeking a full time Director of Community Care. Salary range between $45,000 and $55,000
Job Title: Director of Community CARE
Status: Full Time – Exempt
Reports to: Associate Director
Intentional advocacy activities through community, advocacy, reconciliation, and empowerment will help to achieve systemic change while expanding PLC’s impact. Advocacy creates a cycle of support for PLC’s direct service offerings through its program pillars. In this cycle, advocacy not only uplifts the voices of clients but increases PLC’s visibility in many different spheres of influence, allowing for innovative ideas, new funding streams, and media visibility.
• Build strong relationships with contacts and other potential clients
• Employ appropriate and respectful behavior management skills with those served
• Model and maintain PLC values: Accountability, Inclusion, Respect, Professionalism, Quality Service
• Demonstrate respect and appreciation for all individuals, regardless of their background, race, age, gender, religion, physical or mental ability, and sexual orientation
• Continuous development of new knowledge and improvement and of facilitation and advocacy skills
• Be able to work with Indianapolis Metropolitan Police Department and other government and community organizations.
• Be able to effectively work with Marion County Superior Court Juvenile Justice System, including Parole and Probation Departments.
• Effectively interact with all levels of socio-economic communities.
• Support Associate Director in additional duties as requested
• Cross train PLC Program Facilitators in family programming
• Ensure completion of monthly reports and evaluations from participants in programs and community meeting outcomes.
• Develops a yearly Peace Education Conference in collaboration with the Executive and Associate Director.
• Facilitates SEL, Equity, and Restorative Practices workshops.
• Will model and use Peace Learning Center’s values of healthy communication, problem solving and conflict resolution.
• Detail oriented, organized and able to work independently
• Responsible, reactive, reliable and energetic
• Has education and real-life experience working with youth and adults
• Has professional writing, editing, proofreading and communication skills
• Have proficiency and experience with online research
• Prompt with excellent time management skills
• Regular access to a vehicle is required
• Some evening and weekend work
• Must be able to lift 30 lbs
• Must be able to stand for long periods of time
• Must have basic knowledge of office equipment
• Must have basic knowledge of Microsoft Office Programs
Bachelor’s degree in related field preferred, and/or two years’ experience in program management preferred Experience: Program development and management, training design and facilitation, human service experience, preferable in youth-serving organizations with direct client service.
To apply send a current resume and cover letter to Lisa Jones (firstname.lastname@example.org), Director of Human Resources & Administration, by March 20th, 2022.