Restorative Justice Train-the-Trainer
August 21 @ 12:30 pm - 4:30 pm| $2,500
We are proud to present the Restorative Justice Train the Trainer program that will begin in January 2019 at Peace Learning Center. This includes FIVE full days (totaling 32 hours plus ongoing support) of restorative practices training where schools/youth-serving organizations can send a restorative team of 3-6 people through this training and then have fully trained staff to train the rest of their school/youth-serving organization We have 6 to 10 spots (openings per school/organization) and they will go fast!
What you need to know:
- Each school/youth-serving organization needs to create a team of 3-6 people who will become the Restorative Team. This team will attend all 5 trainings (mandatory) and will be fully trained to lead the rest of the school/organization in Restorative Practices workshops.
- Each school/organization will receive 4 hour Implicit Bias Workshop for their school/organization led by Peace Learning Center at the beginning of the school year to kick off the year.
- To set a school/organization up for success, each Restorative Team needs to include:
- Administration (preferably principal)
- Social Worker &/or School Counselor
- Dean &/or other behavior staff
- Restorative Teams will have roles of:
- Trainer: the person primarily responsible for leading professional development/restorative practice training sessions with school/organization
- Admin Communication/Permission: The person who can easily communicate with building level admin to get approval and support from the implementation team. Recommended this role for the principal of school or leader of an organization
- Practitioner and Support: the person who is most comfortable running circles and answering questions as teachers/colleagues begin implementation
- Evaluation: the person who can access, organize, and communicate the date allowing impact inform practice
- The Restorative Team will be asked to meet regularly (outside of trainings) to ensure the implementation is progressing. The team will also be part of a larger cohort (from other schools/organizations) who may choose to meet to support/problem solve/continue learning as well as have ongoing support from Peace Learning Center.
- All training dates are MANDATORY for full Restorative Team (2019) all at Peace Learning Center with park passes included
- Day 1: 8/21, 12:30-4:30pm Implicit Bias Workshop
- Day 2: 9/25, 9:30am-4:30pm Restorative Practices Proactive
- Day 3: 10/9, 9:30am-4:30pm Restorative Practices When a Harm is Done
- Day 4: 11/20, 9:30am-4:30pm Restorative Practices Discipline Plans & Facilitation
- Day 5: 12/11, 9:30am-4:30pm Restorative Practices Implementation Plan
- Costs $2500/school or organization
- 32 hours (5 days) of training
- Ongoing support and consultation throughout the year implemented to include:
- Platform via social media closed group discussions/support
- Meet-ups throughout the year (optional)
- In school coaching (through the year implemented; for schools within 60-mile radius of Peace Learning Center) or via phone/online platform for schools outside 60-mile radius
- Please note we have a few scholarships available!
For more information and to register, click here.