Please note this TWO-day training is Friday, March 29 AND Monday, April 1, 9:00am-4: 00 pm.
Join after-school educators, youth workers, and community members throughout the country who are convinced that the community building process called “TRIBES” is the secret ingredient that transforms the after-school learning center environment to one of caring and cooperation.
Participants will learn to use the community building process of Tribes as the foundation for transforming the after-school learning center environment to one in which group facilitation and Tribes strategies are effective in reaching and teaching children and youth. Using multiple intelligences, brain-compatible learning and cooperative methods, the community learning center climate and staff awareness will begin to reflect the message of life-long learning, personal development, and social responsibility as the keys to success in the 21st Century.
Educators will learn how to:
- Provide safe and educationally enriching alternatives for children and youth during non-school hours by developing a positive recreational and learning environment
- Teach children and youth specific collaborative skills so that they can play and work well together
- Transfer responsibility to children and youth to help each other maintain the positive Tribes agreements and caring environment
- Use the process for problem-solving, conflict resolution, prevention, and youth development
- Facilitate cooperative strategies for social, emotional and academic learning and enrichment
- Encourage an understanding and appreciation for diversity of ideas, culture and values
- Understand the relationship between effective Arts programs, after school environments, and the Tribes TLC® process
- Come together as a staff for planning, co-coaching and support.
You will receive a copy of the 432 page book, Reaching All by Creating Tribes Learning Communities, by Jeanne Gibbs, a Certificate of Completion, and the materials to enable you to implement Tribes in your after-school community learning center. Follow-up coaching and support are available so that your staff can intensify the use of the Tribes process throughout the year and at every level of the after-school program.