Due to COVID-19 Peacebuilders Camp will be offered through virtual packages. For more information on these packages click here. Social Justice Leadership Camp will be held virtually (see package link above). For information on Climate Camp please contact Earth Charter Indiana.
For schools and other youth-serving organizations seeking experiential learning opportunities for staff, students, and children of all ages, our programs offer impactful and long-lasting social-emotional learning experiences that have been proven to improve academic performance. Peace Learning Center offers group sessions that focus on teambuilding and leadership that are outdoors, interactive, creative and provide experiential learning opportunities for full and half days both at Peace Learning Center’s Eagle Creek Park location and on-site for schools and youth-serving organizations.
Group sessions for pre-K through high school age groups and professional development training for youth-serving professionals are offered from May 29 – July 27, 2018.
Just the facts:
- Outdoor, interactive, teambuilding, creative Peace Learning Center experiences for your group.
- Full and half-day sessions available.
- Reduced rates available based on a sliding-scale fee.
- Topics tailored to group needs, age, and size.
Peacebuilders Camp Rates (minimum 10 youth participants)
- $5/youth for half day programming (less than four hours)
- $10/youth for full day programming (more than four hours)
Topics for Youth:
Communities and Working Together
Self-Esteem and Personal Power
Stress and My Brain
Communication and Listening
Responsibility/ Choices and Consequences
Bullying Prevention and Empathy
Acceptance and Inclusion
Social Problem Solving
Persistence and Protective Factors
Hope and Purpose
be the change- How I can improve the world around me!
General Peacebuilders Camp
Build Community. Identify Power.
What will you do with your summer?
This summer, teens from across Indianapolis will come together to participate in a fun two-week-long program designed to build community and social justice leadership skills. As a camp, we will analyze power and how it affects our lives, in order to make a better society for everybody. We explore our city and ourselves, expand our abilities to communicate our vision to the world, and have fun while doing it. Social Justice Leadership Camp is a place where every person involved is encouraged to be themselves and empowered to be an active participant in the community.
This program, run by highly qualified staff from the Peace Learning Center, will include days of skill development relating to leadership and community organizing, collaboration and community building, community tours, mentorship, self-reflection, and fun. You know you are a leader, and we are here to help you be even more effective, powerful, and connected.
The camp runs from 9:00 am-4:30 pm Mondays through Thursdays. Fridays are overnights.
Just the facts:
- When? July 8 – 10, 9:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. (with two overnights)
- Where? Meet in downtown Indianapolis –TBA– Then travel to Peace Learning Center (Eagle Creek Park) and explore the city of Indianapolis
- Who? Indianapolis (and surrounding area) teens, ages 13-19
- Cost? Sliding scale, pay as able, $10- $200
|Who I am!||What is Social Justice?
|Leadership Luncheon/ Panel Discussion
|Camp-out until 12 pm|
|Gender and Sexuality Justice||Racial Justice||Community Tour
Disability Rights and Justice
|Action/Event Planning||Final Community
|Final morning of camp|
Learn about our climate predicament along with sustainability solutions & civic action opportunities. Discover how to impact change through food, camp procedures, art, time spent in nature & other exciting activities.
Just the facts:
- When? July 8 – 12, 9:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
- Where? Peace Learning Center at Eagle Creek Park with visits in the city
- Who? Indianapolis (and surrounding area) youth ages 2nd-11th grade
- Cost? $100 includes lunch. Sibling discount & overall scholarships available
Climate Camp All-Stars: July 15-19
Have you attended Climate Camps in the past? You know who you are & how much fun it is! 4th-12th gr. 9am-4pm. $100 (incl. lunch.) Sibling discount & overall scholarships available.