The ability to self-regulate one’s emotions is the #1 predictor of academic success, peace building, and quality of life.
For schools and other organizations seeking experiential learning opportunities for staff, students, and children of all ages, our programs offer impactful and long-lasting social-emotional learning experiences that have been proven to improve academic performance. We also offer adult renewal programs to aid in stress relief for overworked and overwhelmed staff, parents, and individuals.
Nina Goradia, PT RYT SEP presents Trauma-Informed Emotional Self-Regulation programs in a variety of applicable methods, depending on the audience and purpose. Nina is a Somatic Experiencing Practitioner, which is a 3-year program available to medical and mental health professionals that solely focus on trauma healing. Somatic Experiencing is an evidence-based method based on balancing the sympathetic and parasympathetic aspects of our nervous system through practicing emotional self-regulation skills. For more in-depth information about Nina and Somatic Experiencing, visit Nina’s website. To see randomized controlled trials of Somatic Experiencing, visit the international website.
Programming is modified depending on the age of the audience and specific needs of the groups. Programming is offered for students Pre-K – Grade 12, teachers/educators, parents, and community members. See below for specific program offerings for youth and adults.
What to expect?
The programs begin with an interactive lecture on trauma and emotions to establish the foundation understanding for implementing self-regulation tools. This is followed by an experiential portion to get a real feel for how effective this work is and how to implement it. It’s always a great time to release emotions we’ve been carrying and you will walk away feeling lighter!
Finally, there will be an overview of the specific tools we can use personally, as well as in helping kids self-regulate. Questions are welcome throughout the presentation to ensure applicability to each person’s specific situation.
Still want more information?
Check out the video below, created for Nina’s personal practice, that is highly informative, explaining the science of how emotions can be trapped in our bodies. Nina shows us a map of how trauma is stored within our cellular memory and gives us 5 ways we can hack this cycle towards freedom.
Youth/Family programming outside of Peace Learning Center:
- Trauma-Informed Emotional Self-Regulation Classes for Student groups
- Mindfulness Classes
- Anger Management Classes
- Anxiety Management Classes
- Grief Support Services to Bereaved Youth
- Trauma-Informed Coaching for Students during Peer Mediation and Restorative Justice Conferences, Circles, and Consultations on a Case by Case basis.
Adult programming for those who work with youth:
- Introduction to Trauma-Informed Emotional Self-Regulation Workshop for Teachers, Administrators, School Counselors, Social Workers, Allied Health Professionals and other Youth-Serving Professionals
- Introduction to Trauma-Informed Emotional Self-Regulation Workshop for your Community Group or Non-Youth Related Organization
- Introduction to Trauma-Informed Emotional Self-Regulation Workshop for Parents.
- Renewal Retreats using Emotional Self-Regulation for your Adult Community Group or Non-Youth Related Organization
- Adult programming Trauma-Informed Emotional Self-Regulation Facilitation 101 (6 hours) for Youth-Serving Professionals
- Adult programming Trauma-Informed Emotional Self-Regulation Facilitation 101 (6 hours) for Non-Youth Serving Organizations and Individual Community Members
- Trauma-Informed Emotional Self-Regulation Coaching for Adults performing Peer Mediation or Restorative Justice /Conferencing/Consultation/Circles on Case by Case basis (after having taken the Trauma-Informed Emotional Self-Regulation Facilitation training)
- Mindfulness Workshop
- Managing Stress & Frustration Workshop
- Anxiety Management Workshop
- Grief Support Workshop
- Public Speaking at your trauma or wellness conference