Peace Learning Center, in partnership with DMHA, has created a FREE train-the-trainer program for schools across the state of Indiana.
In the fall of 2020, the module for the southern region of Indiana will begin. If you are in Central or Northern Indiana, there will be sessions held near you in the spring of 2021 or fall of 2021.
Each participating school will send a small team who will:
- Receive 5 days of training and will emerge as trainers, capable of training the rest of your staff
- Receive all training materials and resources
- Create a restorative discipline plan to help move your practices from punitive to restorative
- Be connected to a cohort of other schools to learn from and share resources
- Receive support and consultation from Peace Learning Center
*If in-person training’s are not an option, we will offer online training’s, certification, and resource distribution!
It is also important to note that starting school year 2019-2020 school districts need to ensure that they are continuing to meet the letter and intent of HEA 1421. This train the trainer opportunity and creation of restorative discipline plan would meet these statutory requirements!
The Fall 2020 Cohort will be trained in southern Indiana at the Carriage House at the Howard Steamboat Museum.
1101 E. Market St, Jeffersonville, IN 47130
Cost of training, lodging and a perdiem for each participant are covered. Cost of travel and substitutes are not covered.
We are a nonprofit that facilitates after school programming as the fiscal agent, and the school is our partner. One of the most important goals in our 5 year strategic plan is that all full-time staff be trained in Restorative Practices. I would really like for our staff to participate in this training, but are we not eligible because we are not a school and only partner with the school?